Release Update – Yosemite
Learn here what’s new in our latest release titled Yosemite, including updates to Endpoints, the control center and RUM Explorer, and more.
In today’s Tip of the Day, I’ll be going over what’s new in our latest release “Yosemite”, named after Yosemite Falls, located in California’s Yosemite National Park.
We periodically roll out our GUI updates, not, as we’ll see in today’s video, just to apply a fresh coat of paint, but to re-engineer the entire frontend and backend – allowing our users to enjoy a totally integrated monitoring platform.
The Yosemite Release Highlights
The Yosemite release highlights include updates to Endpoints, Synthetic Monitoring and RUM Explorer. We’ve added new test scheduling options, increased the number of pings on the destination hop in Traceroute from 3 to 20 (to provide a more reliable jitter calculation), and added several new integrations and custom monitors.
The goal of this release was to:
- Offer a way to help improve employee experience (EX) through the ability to create custom dashboard widgets that report on Endpoint metrics, such as CPU utilization, memory utilization, and Wi-Fi signal strength and quality.
- Make reporting of critical application functions faster and easier for SaaS and productivity applications through a new feature called Page Groups.
- Help you distinguish more easily between the performance impact of your SaaS applications and the network requests made to your internal systems through Provider reporting.
An Integrated Dashboard
One of the updates we’re most excited to share is a new integrated dashboard. The new GUI gives users a common, integrated view of their tests from the main dashboard; the goal, as always, being to make the platform as user friendly as possible.
Users with synthetic monitoring, RUM, and Endpoints as part of their solution will no longer have to go to three different views to set up and view tests. Instead, you’ll now have a common view that supports all your data. Whether you need to build a high-level report, analyze specific data to troubleshoot a particular issue, or run a deep dive, the new integrated Catchpoint dashboard will make it easier for you to access all your tests in one easy overview.
There are also various custom dashboard updates in Yosemite, including the scatterplot chart, our popular visualization tool. Along with other new features, you can now add scatterplot widgets to the new custom dashboard, helping you pinpoint problem test runs more quickly and directly navigate to the corresponding waterfalls.
Other dashboard updates include the ability to quickly create a shareable public URL so you can easily highlight a performance issue to someone who doesn’t have Catchpoint.
In today’s video, you’ll:
- Find out more about how you can better monitor your remote employees’ environment using Catchpoint’s updated Endpoint solution;
- Learn about new features such as Page Groups and the new Provider view in greater depth;
- Hear about updates to some of our most popular visualization tools, including scatterplots and understand how to add new widgets;
- See a demo of how to toggle between successful and failed tests to more quickly gather information from your data.
For more information, check out the Yosemite release notes, which describe the new features in full.