The Only Path to Change is Action!
Catchpoint is committed to moving the needle forward not only through financial contributions but through our people.
The Only Path to Change is Action!The last few weeks have been terribly difficult for our country and the world. We are seeing global citizens around the world protesting in pain – not only for George Floyd, but also for Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and so many other Black Americans who have been unjustly denied their fundamental rights to freedom, life, and justice.
As individuals, as families and as a company, we grieve for them alongside their families and loved ones, and we recognize that we owe it to them, to finally force a permanent change for the sake of their legacies.
Now more than ever, words are important, but action is what will help our world turn the corner on racial bias and injustice.
Our busy lives often drive us to disconnect from the severity of the situation. It is easy to remain a spectator from the comfort of our safe work and family environment. But, it takes 100% participation to be the change we all want to see.
Catchpoint has made contributions in the last few days in the name of our employees, to the following organizations. I encourage you all to learn about and support these organizations.
- The City College of New York Colin Powell School for Civic & Global Leadership
- Black Girls Code
- The Southern Poverty Law Center
- George Floyd Scholarship North Central University
Catchpoint is committed to moving the needle forward not only through financial contributions but through our people. In the next two weeks, our entire organization will be going through unconscious bias training. The training will be conducted by an external firm and focus on:
- our perception – how we see people and perceive reality
- our attitude – how we react towards certain people
- our behaviors – how receptive/friendly we are towards certain people
- our attention – which aspects of a person we pay most attention to
- our listening skills – how much we actively listen to what certain people say
We have an incredible opportunity to educate 250 employees and make us all more culturally aware, moving us one step forward to a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
As Martin Luther King Jr once said, “We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.”