At this point, the organization’s Enterprise Monitoring Leader was pulled into incident resolution – two months after the issue had begun. His first point of call was to deploy Catchpoint's endpoint agent to see if it could solve the issue. Since it was his first implementation, he packaged and tested the agent, sought approval to deploy it, and soon began deployment via the SCCM software center.
Working with Catchpoint's endpoint agent allowed the Enterprise Monitoring Leader to identify with accuracy that the issue reported was to do with the user’s connectivity to their ISPs, not with the organization’s IT infrastructure, the devices, or the application. This is the reason why monitoring point solutions were unable to isolate the issue in the distributed work environment.
Within hours of investigation, there was enough evidence for the Application Team to diagnose and close the incident, and all teams involved could go back to business as usual.
The outcome of the situation was quite impressive:
- 800 users of Salesforce impacted by sporadic issues for a total of 3 months.
- 15-20 people actively working on isolating and fixing the issue.
- Within 3 weeks (i.e., 0.7 month), Catchpoint Endpoint Agent was deployed.
- Catchpoint allowed one person to diagnose the root cause within hours.
- (15 people * 3 months) / (1 person * 0.7 month).
= 64 times faster to get to the root cause with Catchpoint's Employee Experience solution.