Facebook Outage. My hat to you for transparency
We were impressed by how Facebook dealt with their first outage in 2010. They kept everyone informed via Twitter, blog, and their status page.
I was impressed yesterday by how Facebook dealt with their first outage in 4 years.
They kept everyone informed via twitter, blog and their status page. I think they were transparent to some degree about the issue. More companies need to do this. My Hat to you Facebook!
Here is a list of other great companies that believe in transparency and have an open window to their system’s health:
- Dyn http://status.dyn-inc.com/
- Castfire http://status.castfire.com/
- Salesforce http://trust.salesforce.com/trust/status/
- DoubleClick http://qos.doubleclick.net (by yours truly – circa 2000)
- Mediatemple https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204405094/server-status
- Amazon AWS http://status.aws.amazon.com/
- Google App Status http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en
If you know of any other companies with a status page, please add them to the comment and I will keep this list growing.
Have a great Friday full of uptime!
September 24, 2010