Correlate and enrich Catchpoint alerts with contextual data from other events using BigPanda.
Spot Critical Issues Faster
Resolving incidents faster is the goal of many organizations. Typically an alert is not generated by a single monitoring solution, but rather multiple systems experience symptoms that generate alerts. Being able to collect all alerts in a single place and correlate events can help identify and resolve problems quicker. With the Alert Webhook, Catchpoint alerts can be sent directly to BigPanda for aggregation and correlation.
BigPanda Integration Guide
What is BigPanda?
BigPanda is a data science platform used for automating IT event correlation. This platform is used by IT, NOC, and DevOps teams to quickly detect and resolve critical issues. By using data science to assist IT teams, BigPanda can correlate massive amounts of IT alerts from the cloud, applications, services and servers, then automatically turn them into actionable insights. More information on BigPanda can be found on their site: http://www.bigpanda.io.
Installation and configuration takes about five minutes and will allow you to send your Catchpoint alerts to BigPanda for correlation with your other alerts, as well as code deployments and infrastructure changes.
To send your Catchpoint Alerts to BigPanda via the Catchpoint Alert Data API, follow these simple steps:
- While logged into the BigPanda portal click on “Integrations.” Find the Catchpoint integration and click “Install.
2. In the Catchpoint Integration page, enter an Integration name and click Generate App Key
3. Login to the Catchpoint portal and go to Settings API.
4. In the Alerts API Section paste in the BigPanda Endpoint URL which contains the generated App Key. This Endpoint URL can be found in the BigPanda portal.
5. The Alert format you need to choose is Template. Click Add New and you will be taken to the Edit Template window.
6. Give the Template a name and set the format to JSON. The JSON string can include Catchpoint Alert API Macros that will allow you to customize the Alert content. A full list of the Alert API Macros can be found at: https://support.catchpoint.com/hc/en- us/articles/202949959-Alert-API-Macros.
7. If you need help creating a template, see below for a BigPanda recommended template.
8. Save your Template and Save the API configuration.
9. If you have any alerts configured on your tests you will now see Catchpoint Alerts in the BigPanda portal.
The following template is recommended and certified by BigPanda: