Accelerate time-to-detect and identify performance problems with a centralized view
of performance data across all sources.
Accelerate IT and Digital Performance Issue Resolution
Splunk Enterprise makes machine data more accessible and usable. By correlating Catchpoint’s end-user performance monitoring data with Splunk’s capabilities, IT teams gain an added layer of intelligence to power fast, effective issue resolution efforts. With this integration, IT teams can view end-user monitoring data from Catchpoint alongside data from other sources such as web server logs, live application logs, network feeds, and APM data.
Splunk Integration Guide
- In Catchpoint go to Settings>API: https://portal.catchpoint.com/ui/Content/Administration/ApiDetail.aspx
- In the “Pull API” section click “Add Consumer” and assign a contact.
- Once saved you will be able to retrieve the consumer key and secret. These will be used for Splunk authentication to Catchpoint’s API.
- To access the Catchpoint Search Splunk app, go to: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3223/
- Once you have downloaded and installed the app, you will be presented with a setup page. This is where you enter your consumer key and secret.
- Now click the Settings menu in the toolbar in the top-right portion of the Splunk UI. Click the sub-menu item “Data Inputs." In here select the option titled “Catchpoint Modular Input." This will prompt you to enter one or more test IDs from Catchpoint. The test ID can be found in the Catchpoint portal in the test properties page which can be found when editing any given test.
4. The “Index” in “More Settings” should be set to “Catchpoint."
Splunk Data Analysis
Now that the setup is complete, you should see data coming into Splunk. In the Catchpoint Search app you can now do searches in the “Catchpoint” Index.
You can also use the default dashboards to visualize the data.